CAP Closet is open. All donations will be by appointment only until further notice.
Tuesdays from 1 pm to 5 pm, Wednesdays from 10 am-2 pm and Thursdays from 1 pm to 5 pm
Shopping is open to the public without an appointment following health and safety protocol. Donations are welcome by appointment only. Please call 315-255-1703 ext. 170 for more information or to schedule an appointment. Thank you for your patience and continued support. The health and safety of our customers, donors and volunteers is of the highest priority.
Important information and Customer Policies
- Customers must sign-in at the front counter upon entering CAP Closet
- Visits to CAP Closet are limited to one visit per week. (You may receive a PASS for an additional visit if you’re unable to find what you need)
- In order to meet the needs of the large number of customers, you are limited to 3 grocery size bags per visit, which for the time being will be provided.
- Only two full outfits can be taken from our “Dress for Success” section
- Customers with additional needs or extenuating circumstances are encouraged to check in with an Agency volunteer for assistance
- Customers must provide supervision for their children
- Food and drink are not permitted in CAP Closet
The policies below must be honored to receive credit for your donations:
- Donations must take place during store hours only
- You may donate a maximum of three bags of items per visit (contact us for larger donations)
- Only clear (medium-sized) kitchen bags, boxes or bins will be accepted
- Only gently used/new items will be accepted
- Only new/never used electrical items will be accepted
- All items must be free of stains, damage, excessive wear and tear, etc.
- Underwear must be NEW in original package and/or original tags
The following items are restricted for safety/sanitary reasons:
- Used underwear
- Clothing with inappropriate graphics/text
- Car seats, play pens, baby swings, etc.
- Furniture, mattresses, large household items, etc.
- Donations in black garbage bags will be discarded
- Used electrical items
- Outdated electronics and/or electronics without chargers/adapters
- Items that are outdated, ripped, torn, soiled, broken, etc.
Any donated items that do not adhere to the donation policy will be discarded and the donor will not receive credit for these items. Volunteers will provide each donor with an In-Kind contribution form. The donor will be asked to complete the bottom right hand corner of the form and indicate their desire for a copy of the form when completed by the Agency. Please complete the entire form if you choose to receive a copy. The volunteers will then verify your counts.